How can you make sure that you choose the right tenant for your property? Here are six of my best tips.
Here are some tips that you should follow to ensure you choose the right tenant for your rental property:
1. They should be making 3x the rent of the property. Having a good income will make it much easier for the tenant to pay rent on time.
2. Verify the tenant’s income.
3. Determine the tenant’s credit score. The average score is around 660, so they should be near that number. If you have a property in better condition than normal, you should be looking for higher credit scores than the average.
4. Talk to the tenant’s previous landlord. Make sure you ask them, “Would you rent to this tenant again?”
5. Ask the tenant about themselves and what they do.
6. Meet the tenant in person before deciding.
These are just a few tips to help you choose the right tenant. If you need more tips or want us to take care of it for you, don’t hesitate to reach out and give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.